There is a web site rating social network that works pretty well, and gives web users some feedback from those who have been to a particular site before. it is called Web of Trust, or WOT. There are four rating criteria, trustworthiness, vendor reliability, privacy and child safety. It is good to see a green circle on a site. A gray circle is not necessarily a bad thing, only that it has not been rated yet. If you want to get your site rated, you can by going to the web site and requesting a rating. Read the forums to find out how to go about it, and be patient and cordial. A Google search with Firefox will show the WOT rating beside each of the listings before you click. Perhaps others do that too, but in general with other browsers and search engines, I find that you have to go to the site before the rating is shown.
WOT also has a way to monetize their offering for commercial sites. The subscription approach looks to be useful but I have not used it yet.
It took a while to get the rating for smoothclay.com, but I am glad I did it. The green symbol is a badge that indicates that others trust the site.
No comments:
Post a Comment